Want to give your office space a facelift?
To figure out what you can do to improve your work premises, you need the help of a professional interior design and fit-out company. This way, you’ll get a sure great shot at creating an office that best reflects the image you want for your business.
What is a fit-out?
A fit-out is a method of developing and re-creating an interior space to suit a particular type of business.
This is vital in building a welcoming and innovative working environment for everyone in the company as well as for making clients feel secure in entrusting their business to the company.
By having superior fit-out work done, your office can get these benefits:
- Increase productivity – Employees feel enthusiastic and motivated to work in a space that is not only attractive but also functional. As a result, you can boost productivity and job satisfaction.
- Comfort – Long working hours can make a person feel tired and mentally bogged down. Through a well-executed interior fit-out, you can revamp furniture and concentrate on integrating an ergonomic design to make your team comfortable in their workplace.
- Efficient space planning – Seasoned fit-out professionals ensure the maximization of every space and corner of your office, without making your team feel crowded or cramped.
- Express company culture – The easiest way to show what your business is about to your partners or clients is through a well-executed office fit-out. Expressing your corporate culture as flexible, stress-free, honest and professional gives off a picture of a positive working environment and partnership.
Today, working environments move with contemporary trends and adopt new technologies. However, an office fit-out project is no simple task and it is an undertaking that can easily become quite overwhelming.
Below are some useful tips you should consider if you want to have a successful and stress-free fit-out:
1. Find the best fit-out partner
You need to look for a fit-out partner that will up for the task. Meet up with the fit-out company to evaluate:
- Quality of work
- Industry reputation
- Knowhow and experience
- Health and safety precautions
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations
The key is to find as much as you can about the fit-out company to ensure that you’ll be 100% satisfied with their work. This will save you not only time, money, and effort but also from an inordinate amount of stress.
2. Plan ahead of time
Even the smoothest renovation project will still encounter issues along the way. This is why you have to plan ahead and set realistic deadlines.
Talk about the timeline of the project with your fit-out partner to get a clear picture of what can be accomplished when.
After you’ve discussed deadlines with your fit-out partner, you can plan other tasks such as transferring phone lines and broadband facilities.
3. Set a budget
Depending on your personal preference for your office fit-out, expect that the prices will vary. To avoid unexpected costs, review the interior office design concept given by your chosen fit-out company. Also, ensure that you get quotes for everything about the project to get the best prices and quality materials.
You can easily make the mistake of going over your budget if you’re not careful enough. Make sure you understand and know what you can and cannot afford.
4. Check building regulations
Before you start taking down walls, double check all applicable building codes and regulations that apply to your office fit-out project.
Review your current lease terms and whether or not you need to get your landlord’s consent for any office alterations. If you need any permits, make sure to get them all in advance.
Changing your office interiors is a great opportunity to get rid of useless items.
Do you really need that shelf? Are your employees making the most out of their desk space?
This is a chance to clear out your office to make the best use of your space and do some deep cleaning before moving back all the furnishings and equipment.
Reuse or not?
If your chairs or desks are still in good condition, you may reuse them and only replace furniture in front areas to make the office look fresh.
But if you’re going to reuse existing furniture, make a detailed list and give it to your fit-out partner so that they can integrate it into your new office layout.
Fit-out for success
The success of your office renovation relies greatly on how you plan ahead and work together with your fit-out partner. By having an expert fit-out company doing the job for you, you can minimize the fuss over the renovation and avoid additional stress along the way.
Before you know it, you’ll be walking into an office you and your staff will love, and all of you can be proud of.
CEO at Interact Group LLC
Interact Group is a design-led interior fit out company that aims to set new standards in the UAE interiors market. Driven by their dedication to total customer experience, the company’s mission is to bring truly specialized teams to complex design and fit out challenges, utilizing their unmatched ability to deliver spaces efficiently and above expectation.