Old and creaking garage doors are a common occurrence, as older mechanisms struggle to perform the operation, and if you are not familiar with the latest generation of garage doors, you might be in for a shock. Fully automated roller doors offer the homeowner a smooth and effortless solution, and with many other benefits, it is something every homeowner should consider. If you would like to know more, here are just a few of the reasons why it makes sense to finally remove that old set of doors that have definitely seen better days.
- Added Security – The garage doors are a favoured access point for the typical burglar, and with older units, the locking system leaves much to be desired, and as most garages are connected to the home, once a thief has gained entry, he is also inside the building. Even if your garage is stand alone, there would be valuable items, such as tool kits and appliances, and a wonky old garage door is an inviting sight for any burglar.
- Transform the look of your Home – The range of designs and colours allow you to make some positive changes, and with a choice of aluminium or steel, you will have many years of trouble free use, and the powdered aluminium finish will never fade or peel. For UK homeowners, there are custom made roller garage doors by Auto Roll, and with a door to door delivery, your new doors will be easy to install and your home will take on a new look.
- Thermal Insulation – This is especially important if your garage is connected to the home, as a lot of heat can be lost through a large expanse such as garage doors. Modern units are well insulated, which will save you on your heating bills, and make the garage a comfortable area that doesn’t have to be avoided in the winter.
- Repair or Replace – Garage doors take a lot of punishment, and sooner or later the mechanism will lose its smoothness, and without regular maintenance, you will soon reach the point where a repair is too costly, and in that case, replacing is the best option. Durability is the name of the game and modern garage doors are built to last, and with full automation and remote control, your new unit will give you many years of trouble free service.
- Motorised Solutions – Opening a large set of garage doors can be a physically demanding experience, especially if it takes extreme force to open them. Remote control means you will never again have to get wet while you open the doors, and with a reliable, enclosed tracking mechanism, smooth operation is guaranteed.
Sooner or later, we all have to admit our garage doors are not what they were, and even with the best care, the units will decline to a point where replacement is the best option. Modern solutions mean trouble free use for many years and with online suppliers, new garage doors are most definitely affordable.