Everyone wants to run to their home as soon as they have finished their office work or when coming back from a relative or vacation. Home is a place which gives a feeling of belongingness. You feel comfortable and safe there. So what would happen if you find out that your home is not safe anymore? It may definitely break your heart. So here are a few tips to keep your house safe from the intruders and other possible threats.
Tips to keep your home safe
- You are going for a vacation for a week and you think bragging about it in front of your friends and relatives on social media is a good idea, then it is It might be an open invitation to the burglars as they always keep an eye on social media to know when the homeowners are away.
- Set a timer for the lights to turn on and off automatically. It is a great way to show the thieves that you are at home even if you are away. Most often burglars try to break into a house where owners are away on a vacation or something like that.
- Install a burglar alarm which is conspicuous. It will deter burglars from entering your house and they would think twice even if you are away from home.
- It may sound like your grandma but always close and lock all the doors and windows before going to sleep or when you are leaving house. Always double check everything and install window treatments so no one can peek into your house directly.
- Take a photo of all your valuable items in your phone and mark them with your house number and post code. It will make it easier for the cops to find if stolen and thieves would think twice before getting their hands on them.
- Try to bring a locksmith to check all your locks and change in case there is a need. It has become easier now to find locksmiths through internet. Just type locksmith NYC, Manhattan or whatever area you are living in.
So these were a few tips on how to keep your house safe. Keep them in mind and stay relaxed.