It is important to hire an HVAC company to help inspect and perform maintenance on your system once in a while. They not just inspect but also clean your system to ensure that the wiring and the mechanisms are in good condition. This way, you can increase the efficiency and the life of your system. In addition, there are a few other things that you can do yourself.
Here are some easy steps that you can follow to ensure that your HVAC system is working properly.
- It is essential to use good filters for your HVAC systems. This will allow it to grab even the tiniest of particles including those that carry bacteria.
- It is important to check the filters monthly. If they look dark or clogged, you need to replace them. Even then, ensure that you replace the filters once every 90 days. In case you have pets, it is best to change the filters every month.
- Ensure that there is at least two feet of clearance around the HVAC unit outside. You can also put shade on it.
- During the spring, summer and fall, remove the leaves, debris, pollen and twigs that might fall on the unit outside of the house.
- Ensure that the HVAC outdoor unit is placed on a firm and level ground. When installing the HVAC system, the installer should check the ground outside and find an appropriate place to install it.
If your HVAC system needs repair, make sure that you use a professional HVAC repair Los Angeles company so that you can get the best service from them. Always check the reputation of the company and their experience before hiring them. they have also have the licensing and the necessary skills to properly inspect and maintain your HVAC system.