Compressed air is being used in many different manufacturing processes for various reasons. They are used for control of pneumatic valves and cylinders that are used in various processes and also transport medium for large materials. But, they do not come cheap, and thus, it is important to monitor them closely so that the business can enjoy its benefits without extending their budget.
Compressed air uses more energy than any other equipment in any production process. Since a number of air compressors might be utilized in the production plant, it is essential that proper air compressor management plan is devised. It is essential that all the compressed air leaks are identified, and repairs conducted immediately to save money.
Here are some of the top benefits of using air compressor controller in your air compressor –
- The most obvious benefit is energy efficiency. The compressor uses a direct energy line, and the power supply is constant. The compressor uses the energy it needs, and the rest is wasted. With a controller, it becomes easier to know how much energy the compressor is using and helps cut cost.
- Air compressor controller can also ensure that the air compressors of the right size are being used at the right places. This helps in the reduction of total consumption to a great extent.
- When the compressors are optimally used, they can contribute to reducing pressure on the mechanical and the electrical components of the compressor. This makes them less vulnerable to wear and tear.
- Apart from maintaining the optimum pressure level, the controller also ensures the quality of the compressed air. Since the compressed air has some amount of pressure, it has to be controlled. Otherwise, it can damage the entire processing system or the product itself.
- Air compressor control also ensures that the fluctuations are small much and the control range is narrow. This ensures the total consumption is reduced to a great extent and you can save on your overall energy bills. It also reduces the chances of any negative on the overall production quality.
You can find many different kinds of air compressor controller in the market. It is important to know which one will suit your requirements. Apart from the compressor itself, you need to spend money on compatible accessories to go with it such as air hose, hose reel, air fittings, regulator, tool attachments and others. Make sure that you are using the right accessories so that your job can be made easier. Conduct a thorough research or ask an expert to know what type of air compressor, air compressor controller and accessories will you need depending on the intended application.
Apart from picking the right air compressor, air compressor controller and its accessories, it is also important to have their machine inspected from time to time so that they are in good working condition. They should be tested and cleaned on an annual basis so that they are working to their maximum potential and you can continue to enjoy its benefits.