Homes that have carpets and upholstered furniture often need more attention. You can always take care of the regular cleaning work, including dusting and wiping, but that’s never enough for fabrics and certain upholstery materials. Experts advise homeowners to hire professional cleaning services at least once in every six months. This is helpful for maintaining the decor of the house, and at the same time, you can prolong the life of upholstery. Numerous companies offer carpet and upholstery cleaning services, but selecting one can be confusing. Here are the 10 tips you need for finding a reliable service.
- First things first, understand your home. For carpeted floors, the cost of cleaning will be much higher. Have pets at home? Expect to pay more for getting rid of those small hairs.
- Check for referrals. Talk to your friends, colleagues or neighbors to find reliable services in your city. You can check online to find a few top rated ones too.
- Does the company have insurance? If not, steer clear of them. Cleaning can be a tedious job, and you don’t want to pay for extra damages if the cleaners damage any of the household products.
- The cleaning supplies also need attention. Given a choice, always go for green supplies, which are great for the environment and is safe for animals and humans alike.
- Every company will have its own approach towards the job, but it’s best to discuss the tools, equipment and techniques used by them.
- Don’t shy away from asking questions. As a customer, you have the right to choose the preferred timing for cleaning and can make service requests as required.
- A good company will have a quick turnaround time. If someone takes minutes to attend your call or needs more than 24 hours to offer an estimate, back off right away.
- Will they offer an estimate? Some companies have fixed charges, but with most, inspectors will check your home before giving an estimate.
- If you are going for yearly contracts, it’s best to read the terms and conditions. Also, for long term services, you can ask for a discount.
- Does the company have a service guarantee? If you are unhappy with the work done, you should have the option of placing a complaint, which should be addressed right away. Known companies like Royal Nettoyage will vouch for that!
Check to find a few services now, and before taking a call, visit their office for a quick discussion!